The North Australian Pastoral Company (NAPCO) is a leader in Australia’s cattle industry, with stations in Queensland and the Northern Territory along with a feedlot on the Darling Downs.
We are seeking a full-time Grader Driver/Machinery Operator to join the NAPCO team in 2019.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
General machinery maintenance, vehicle maintenance and repairs.
Grader Operator on a remote cattle station, the primary focus of this position is the construction and maintenance of roads (including access tracks along fences), erosion control features (i.e. Whoa boys), and dams and water points (i.e. Desilting, by-washes, dam walls) in the station’s air-conditioned and well-maintained Grader.
You will need to have:
- An LG (Grader) certificate of competency or sufficient practical experience
- Driver’s license Class HR
- The ability to operate, service and maintain motor vehicles and Grader
- The ability to undertake manual handling tasks associated with the position
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred (Cattle Station/Rural Work)
- Mechanical trade, or trade assistant experience.
Glenormiston has been owned by NAPCO since 1968 and is positioned at the top end of the Channel Country, sharing boundaries with NAPCO owned property Marion Downs.
The homestead is situated on the banks of Lake Idamea which is filled by Pituri Creek, with the Georgina River flowing through the north eastern part of the property on its way south.
The property has a variety of country from the Toko ranges on the western side through to the flood-out areas in the east.
This position will suit a person looking for job security and a long term career with NAPCO
Please note these roles are suitable for Australian residents only.